Monday, November 22, 2010

Fifteen Books ...



A little bit of fun borrowed from the world of Facebook. Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. 

Okay ... in no particular order ... 

1) Clan of the Cave Bear ~ Jean M. Auel
2) Kushiel's Dart ~ Jacqueline Carey 
3) Lord of the Rings ~ JRR Tolkien
4) The Bears of Blue River ~ Charles Major
5) Mrs Frisby and the Rats of NIMH ~ Robert C. O'Brian
6) Blue Adept ~ Piers Anthony
7) The Minds of Billy Milligan ~ Daniel Keyes
8) Dragon Riders of Pern ~ Anne McCafferey
9) The Wolf and the Dove ~ Kathleen Woodiwiss
10)Passions of the Realm ~ Joan Balser
11)The Black Lion ~ Jude Deveraux
12) Palomino ~ Danielle Steel
13) Anne of Green Gables ~ Lucy Maud Montgomery
14) The Sleeping Beauty series ~  Anne Rice writing as A. N. Roquelaure 
15) All the awesome HORSE books of my youth ... Pounding Hooves ~Dorothy Grunbrock Johnston, Fury ~ Albert G Miller, Man O' War ~ Walter Farley, Misty of Chincoteague ~ Marguerite Henry, The Black Stallion ~ Walter Farley, My Friend Flicka ~ Mary O Hara, and Black Beauty ~ Anna Sewell

LOL An eclectic list to be sure, ranging from childhood on up these are some of the tales that stuck with me. <3 

On a more serious note, doing this made me think of what I've read lately, and if it wasn't on-line, I haven't. I miss curling up with a good book. When did I get too busy to enjoy the simple things??? 

~ MM

No comments:

Post a Comment