Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekly Word Count and Another Publication!

It has been a strange week for writing. I have Wednesday and Friday off and I have to thank God for previously unheard of production this Wednesday. I ended up with 3026 words. That's A new high for me. In comparison, Friday's word count was a paltry 973. This wouldn't be such an issue, I have my 5000 weekly goal broke into 833 words a day 6 days a week with a day off, BUT I didn't write a word Mon., Tue., or Thurs. *winces* I'm not sure what the problem has been this week. I'm confident I will meet my goal with today and tomorrow yet to churn out a mere 1000 words, but it bothers me that really slacked off this week. I could have had 7-8 k this week if I had followed my normal schedule the other days.

Onto good news, two of my short stories, On the Chance and Promise of Tomorrow, were accepted to the Static Movement Anthology, Something from the Attic 2! The editor, the fabulous Chris Bartholomew had such kind words to say about my writing. It is amazing how a couple words of praise can inspire a writer's confidence.


Lotsa Love and Creativity
~MM

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome news, Mara! I'm so happy for you. And as for writing goals hit-or-miss, the important thing is gauging your progress each week, and not letting a slump turn into a non-writing month. Hey, speaking of goals, are you writing a Dear Me letter? I have one composed in my mind, and I think I'm almost ready to commit it to screen.

    Hope you're enjoying your weekend!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :) I don't think I will be entering the Dear Me competition this year. I'm concentrating on my weekly goals and unless a contest REALLY grabs me I am going to try to stick to the Novel.

    The news last night made for a great weekend! LOL Hope all is well with you and that Hotlanta sun is shining bright!

    ~MM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That is great news and something to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much DL! The news only got better ... I talked a dear friend into submitting a couple of her short stories and they were snapped up as well! It will be S.L. Britton's first time in print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the acceptance! That's fantastic - and great motivation! Hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again, Mara!!! I announced a blogfest this morning -- stop over and sign up :))

    ((hugs)) Nicki

    ReplyDelete